Post: Governance & Economic Counsel
Role: Part time
The African Public Relations Association (APRA) the umbrella body for the practice of public relations in Africa is seeking the services of an individual that will primarily advice its Executive Council on issues of governance and economy in Africa.
APRA at it’s next level of engagement, desires to push the relevance of public relations as management function and ensure its full integration in all activities relating to the socio-economic and political development of the continent.
This becomes more imperative with the signing of the Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCTFA) which APRA intends to champion and be a strong advocate of.
Description: The selected person will be responsible for the following;
- Preparing position papers on issues of continental importance
- Advising the Executive Council on issues of continental importance
- Looking for opportunities for the association to partner with relevant organizations across the continent and beyond
- Helping the association in its objective of been a strong advocate and voice of influence on the continent especially among key stakeholders
- Provide various platforms for the association to enlighten on the benefits and workings of the free trade agreement
- Advising on the interface between the association on one hand and the African Union Commission (AUC) as well as the AfCFTA secretariat in Accra, Ghana
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of International Relations with a strong emphasis on Africa.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of first degree in International Relations. Masters in the same discipline will be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in a similar role will also be a key deciding factor.
Role: Part time, reporting to the President through the Coordinator
Remuneration: Attractive with the possibility of official travel.
Application: Please send detailed resume including copies of relevant qualifications to email@example.com on or before Friday August 9, 2019.